Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fiberglass extension ladder

Very well made ladder. Very light (for it's size). Extending the ladder is
very easy, extension locks never hang up. D-rungs are huge improvement over
round designs (I do wish the rungs were a 1/4-1/2" wider.) I shopped around alot
before selecting the Werner and I felt they were very high quality construction.
It has proven to be very rugged and dependable in use.Minor cons - The upper
extension is located "in front" of lower extension so it is easy to miss the
transition rung (I have marked the lowest rung on the upper ladder with red
dyechem marking ink as a visual indicator of the transition point to avoid
missing the step). Note: All my older ladders are the reverse of this set-up
and, I think, this adds to my difficulty with this design.

My only other con is that you must stand on the "inside" (due to above design)
to use the extension rope, which makes adjusting the ladder to the correct
working height more difficult.Recommended accessory - Without a doubt the Werner
Quik Clip Stablizer is the greatest. The added stability and workspace at the
top of the ladder is outstanding. Takes less than 5 seconds to put on or take
off. No u-bolts or other attachment methods.
fiberglass extension ladder

No comments:

Post a Comment